Motor Fuels Filing Program
On August 12, 2019, your permit, license and/or account will move into the new CDTFA online services system. For more information on our online service enhancements, see Special Notice L-598. This change may require customers or agents to create a Username and Password for the new system on and after August 12, 2019.
If you already have a Username and Password to log in and file your return for a Sales and Use Tax, eWaste, and/or Tire Fee account, no additional action is required as you will be able to view all your accounts in the new system on and after August 12, 2019. If you currently use the online services system to file your returns for any of the accounts above and have not yet created your Username or Password, please go to our Login webpage and click on Sign Up Now to start the enrollment process. For video instructions, visit our tutorials page on our website.
Filing Information for Taxpayers Menu
Registered users login on this page to file the following tax forms:
- Supplier of Diesel Fuel Tax Return (Form CDTFA-501-DD).
- Supplier of Motor Vehicle Fuel Tax Return (Form CDTFA-501-PS).
- Aircraft Jet Fuel Dealer Tax Return (Form CDTFA-501-MJ).
- Terminal Operator Information Report (Form CDTFA-506-PO).
- Petroleum Carrier Report (Carrier Summary Report) (Form CDTFA-506-PC).
- Diesel Fuel Ultimate Vendor Report/Claim for Refund (Form CDTFA-770-DV).
- Diesel Fuel Tax Claim for Refund - Sales to Ultimate Purchasers (Form CDTFA-770-DVW).
- Claim for Refund on Nontaxable Sales and Exports of Diesel Fuel (Form CDTFA-770-DZ).
- Diesel Fuel Claim for Refund on Nontaxable Uses (Form CDTFA-770-DU).
Click here for more information about the Motor Fuels Electronic Filing Program.
In order to perform basic maintenance on the CDTFA website, the system will be unavailable for Motor Fuels Filing access from Sunday at 7:00 p.m. to Monday at 5:00 a.m., Pacific Time. Since this is regularly scheduled downtime, Online Participants should be aware that the CDTFA will not accept the participant's inability to submit a timely filing because of this downtime as a valid reason for granting relief of any penalty and/or interest that may result from a late filing.